Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What I'm eating today


I get asked this question pretty regularly so I thought I'd post a day in my food life every so often. Here goes today:


Breakfast: A smoothie. Today it included whey protein powder (I don't always do protein powder but I felt like I needed it. My choice is Jay Robb- no artificial stuff in it) and water. I also threw in some almond butter, some ground flax seeds, a little banana, some frozen strawberries and some collard greens. The greens definitely turn the smoothie green and they taste great. This is an awesome way to get your greens in!

Snack: My favorite- Ezekial Toast with Almond Butter and Agave. I also had a cup of tea with rice milk (I am day 8 no coffee here so I will post more on that soon).

Lunch: Leftovers from dinner last night- Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Quinoa (I steam them in my rice cooker to warm them up) along with some whole wheat pita and homemade hummus.

Snack: Apple

Dinner: Salad, Black Beans, Broccoli and a little Brown Rice with Barley

Ok...it isn't over yet. I stayed up too late and got hungry so, yes, I ate again (which I normally don't like to do because I think I sleep better if I stop eating a few hours before bed).

The last snack: Some protein powder and water with a spoon of coconut oil and a spoon of raw cacao nibs. Yum.


This is definately still reflecting some winter eating habits (ie: eating kind of a lot!). I sense a spring greening in my future and some lighter eating on it's way. Stay tuned...
***Disclaimer- Not every day is exactly like this. Someday I will confess about my love of the Fat Witch Bakery Brownies***

No comments: