Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

As we say goodbye to 2008 and welcome in a new year, I invite you to ask yourself what you are ready to let go of in 2009. What do you not want to bring with you into the new year? What would you like to live your beautiful, precious life without?

For me, I am ready to let go of the ongoing self-talk about what I "should be doing".

I have noticed this year that there are times I feel wonderful, alive, healthy, connected and other times that I feel stressed, in pain and at odds in my relationship with food.

The common thread I am noticing is that the wonderful moments are the ones I am fully present in. The uncomfortable ones are the ones where, if I pay close attention, I realize I have an ongoing stream of thoughts running of all the things I "should be doing" instead of being present for what I am actually doing.

I don't think that letting go of this habit is going to happen overnight but I am willing to make changing it a priority. My intention for 2009 is to be more fully present in each moment. I hope that many of you will be there to share some of those moments with me!

I would love to hear from you about what you are ready to let go of. Please share your comments.

I wish you tremendous blessings and peaceful good health for the coming year.

No comments: